Luna Rossa Challenge 2013 S.r.l. (hereinafter “Luna Rossa Challenge”) understands that maintaining the confidentiality, integrity and safety of its users’ non-public, personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) is important to its users.
LUNA ROSSA CHALLENGE informs you that Personal Data voluntarily and consciously provided by you through your use of its Web Site will be processed in compliance with applicable laws on personal data protection.
1. Data source
Your Personal Data in the possession of Luna Rossa Challenge have been voluntarily provided by you by filling in the registration form on our Web Site. These Personal Data may include, as an example, your email address, first name and last name, role and media. The registration is reserved to journalists and media practitioners.
2. Purposes for data processing
Following your request for registration on the Web Site, your Personal Data are processed to enter your details in our database, so that we can send you periodic newsletters and information on Web Site contents and the America’s Cup event by email. The release of credentials (id and password) will allow you to access Web Site contents and functions reserved to registered users.
3. Data processing methods
Your Personal Data will be processed by suitable means using electronic or automated computer and telematic tools, or manually and on hard copy, exclusively for the purposes for which they have been collected, guaranteeing the security and confidentiality of data processed.
Your Personal Data are processed by Luna Rossa Challenge internal staff (employees and collaborators) operating as persons in charge of their processing within the scope of the performance of their duties and by external people or entities, also residing outside the European Union, Luna Rossa Challenge may use for the above-mentioned purposes. For the provision and management of the newsletter, Luna Rossa Challenge, uses the service offered by MailChimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC d/b/a MailChimp, a State of Georgia limited liability corporation).
4. Nature of the provision of personal data
The provision of Personal Data is optional and you can refuse to register on the Web Site by simply omitting to fill in the registration form. However, if you wish to register, it is necessary to fill in all mandatory fields of the registration form and give the consent to transfer your Data abroad for all that is necessary and/or instrumental to the purposes stated above.
5. Communication and dissemination of data
Whenever necessary and/or instrumental to the above-mentioned purposes, your Personal Data may be processed by other entities belonging to the following categories:
- - Subsidiaries or affiliates of Luna Rossa Challenge;
- - Web Site’s owner company;
- - Companies, consultants and firms providing assistance and/or consulting or performing related services that are instrumental to data processing on behalf of Luna Rossa Challenge (e.g. companies producing and managing the sending of newsletters, technicians for the maintenance of computer systems, etc).
With your prior consent, your Personal Data may be transferred abroad, in accordance with applicable laws, including countries outside the European Union where Luna Rossa Challenge pursues its interests.
Your Personal Data shall not under any circumstances be disseminated to unknown persons.
6. Data controller
The data controller is Luna Rossa Challenge 2013 S.r.l. with registered office in Grosseto, Italy. Luna Rossa Challenge will process your Data in accordance with Legislative Decree 196/2003 – Italian personal data protection code.
7. Data subject’s rights
We remind you that you may at any time exercise your rights under section 7 of Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003, which is integrally quoted below for your convenience, contacting the Data Controller directly:
Section 7 of Italian Legislative Decree no. 196 of June 30, 20003 (Right to access personal data and other rights)
- 1. A data subject shall have the right to obtain confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him/her exist, regardless of their being already recorded, and communication of such data in intelligible form.
- 2. A data subject shall have the right to be informed: a) of the source of the personal data; b) of the purposes and methods of the processing; c) of the logic applied to the processing, if the latter is carried out with the help of electronic means; d) of the identification data concerning data controller, data processors and the representative designated pursuant to section 5(2); e) of the entities or categories of entity to whom or which the personal data may be communicated and who or which may get to know said data in their capacity as designated representative(s) in the State’s territory, data processor(s) or person(s) in charge of the processing.
- 3. A data subject shall have the right to obtain: a) updating, rectification or, where interested therein, integration of the data; b) erasure, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, including data whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which they have been collected or subsequently processed; c) certification to the effect that the operations as per letters a) and b) have been notified, as also related to their contents, to the entities to whom or which the data were communicated or disseminated, unless this requirement proves impossible or involves a manifestly disproportionate effort compared with the right that is to be protected.
- 4. A data subject shall have the right to object, in whole or in part: a) on legitimate grounds, to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, even though they are relevant to the purpose of the collection; b) to the processing of personal data concerning him/her, where it is carried out for the purpose of sending advertising materials or direct selling or else for the performance of market and commercial communication surveys.
Via Genova 5/a, 58100 Grosseto (Italy) email: firstname.lastname@example.org
© Copyright Luna Rossa Challenge 2013 srl Last updated July 3rd, 2013